Thursday, August 21, 2008

All Done

So yesterday was the big day for Tay. Everything went well the surgery is very quick like 10 minutes so it was over in no time. The hardest part is they of course have to take him from us to bring him into the OR and this terrifies him, he screams and just reaches back for us it definitely tug at Cj and I's heart strings but we knew of course this was going to make him feel better. Then as we were warned the are taken to recovery where they wake up in a strange place with strange people and they are dizzy from the drugs so he was not happy. After about 30 minutes of Cj and I trying to calm him down they finally let us leave which I knew would solve the problem he was just so scared at that point to have all the strange people near him checking this that and the other. As soon as we walked out he started calming down and after getting home and being able to eat and get a good fix of mickey mouse clubhouse he was pretty much back to normal. So everything went well he is still I am sure adjusting so there is a bit of irritability but we are more than happy to just keep comforting him till he is back to his old self:)

Hospital gowns are always so sad looking

Showing a little diaper out the back:)

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Poor little guy. There is nothing worse than seeing your child cry in fear and pain. I am glad everything went well.

Teisha said...

I'm so sorry he had to go through that. Hopefully everything will get better!

BTW I'm Teisha, my husband and I went to highschool with Chet. Just wanted to say Hi and your little guy is adorable!